IT Technician – Technical Operations
If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving, then read on…
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing and sometimes ambiguous environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done and help others to do the same.
Reporting into the Tech Op’s Team Leader you will be responsible for the test, configuration and refurbishment of network equipment, predominately Cisco routers, switches, supervisors, line cards, chassis, firewalls and CP phones requiring software upgrades/reimaging, as well as server builds requiring component upgrades.
If you are able to establish trust and credibility and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then we want you to be part of our talented Technical operations team.
This opportunity might be for you if:
• You have a great sense of humour!
• You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
• You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment
• You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig untill you find it
• You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
• You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
• You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
• You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
• You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
• You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
A typical day:
• Completing software upgrades for various vendors primarily Juniper and Cisco routers.
• You will be applying customer specific configuration files on behalf of our customers using customer interfacing portals
• You will be hands on; completing server builds for our customers that require upgrades, HDD, memory, CPU, etc.
• You will be carrying out low level testing/configuration based on our customer specifications
• We provide a staging area for networks to be built and tested so you will be involved in building the physical network consisting of routers, switches, firewalls and providing remote access for our customers to fully integrate an old legacy network to the new solution
• We a have a returns process so you will be also be troubleshooting faulty network equipment from our customers
• A passion for IT networking and hardware and the drive to progress your career with us
• Computer skills and an understanding of basic networking
• Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure
• 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
• Company GSIPP Pension
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Metlife health and wellbeing support
• Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
• Income Protection Scheme
• Group Life Assurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Free annual Flu Jabs
• Free Parking
• Free month end lunches
• Free breakfast and fruit daily
• Gaming zone with PlayStation 4
• Fully funded company incentivised holidays and trips
• Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
Competitive + bonus
We will provide on-going technical training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual.
Kemble – GL7 6BQ, near Cirencester, Gloucestershire.
40 hours a week 08:30 -5:30 (1 hour lunch)