Business Development Executive
If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving and you want to join a talented team focused on delivering our clients cutting edge IT solutions and services then read on…
We are looking for a New Business Development Executive who thrives in a fast paced, growing and sometimes ambiguous environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done.
You may have up to 12 months or more new business sales experience in IT, or be looking for your first career move into a new business sales role.
Either way, you will be passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities as well as being a strong negotiator and deal closer with the ability to create new leads from cold calling.
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment!
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig untill you find it
- You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
A typical day:
- Target/penetrate new clients, creating new leads from cold calling
- Researching, identifying and targeting new client opportunities, placing phone calls to develop new relationships, striving to achieve trusted partner status with every call you make
- Working collaboratively with internal teams across the company in compiling proposals and delivering pitches
- You will develop go-to market strategies utilising the tools available within the wider organisation to generate leads and develop engagment plans
- You will be constantly looking at ways to be the differentiator in the sales cycle, with the aim to exceed our customers expectations
- You will also be attending seminars, technology events and other networking opportunities to build your own brand and grow ours as a leader in our field
- There’s loads of training so you will be attending and completing certified sales training on and off site across our portfolio of technology vendors e.g. Juniper Networks, Palo Alto, HP, Dell, VMware!
What we’re looking for
- You may have up to 12 months or more new business sales experience in IT, or be passionate about IT and looking for your first move into a sales role
- Results-driven individual with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Technical sales knowledge of networking/IT products (an advantage)
- Resilience and the ability to bounce back are an essential quality
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good eye for detail and presentation style
- A willingness to take initiative and learn quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Able to make a great first impression, highly presentable and articulate
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- Metlife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homoeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Regular Vendor call out days with Sales incentives & prizes to be won!
- Fully funded company incentivised holidays and trips
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
- Pet friendly!
Performance Related Play
Think all company incentives are the same, think again. Our ‘Performance related Play’ gives the opportunity for the top 30 Champions to be flown to South Africa to enjoy a fun-filled experience at Leobo Private Reserve – a stunning 20,00 acre estate in the beautiful Waterberg mountains. Activities on site include Helicopter paintball, skydiving, climbing, quad bike safaris, the list goes on. For more information visit the Ultimate Playground @ http://ultimateplayground.co.za/
Competitive + Commission Plan
We will provide on-going training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual. Company funded Vendor certified sales training e.g. Juniper, Palo Alto, VMware
Kemble, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BQ, UK
Monday-Friday 8:30-17:30 (40 hours per week)