Apprentice Desktop Support Engineer
If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving, then read on…
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing and sometimes ambiguous environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done and help others to do the same.
Reporting into the Group Head of Technical Services you will be conscientious and ambitious with a passion for IT and a desire to learn and develop.
Your time will be split between end user support and new project activities and you will be directly responsible for several key operational systems; you will be pivotal in maintaining business operations now and evolving them into the future.
If you are hungry to become an expert in your field and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then we want you to be part of our team.
This opportunity might be for you if
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You enjoy solving problems and have a passion for all things technology
- You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it
- You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
- You are motivated and driven and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
A typical day as an Apprentice Desktop Support Engineer
- Supporting our end users and customers to resolve issues across a range of technologies and identifying the cause of these issues, developing solutions to prevent these issues from reoccurring
- Receiving/Logging and managing incidents in the Service Desk
- Provide basic support for Windows PCs/laptops and telephones.
- Use problem solving skills to fix IT software and hardware
- Deploy IT equipment to staff to provide new functionality and replace end of life items.
- Plan and implement tasks related to the provisioning of new IT equipment to staff
- Working on exciting and innovative projects, making your mark on system improvements that enhance the end user experience and add value to our business
- Collaborating with other members of the Information Services (IS) team and others to bring about transformation, building a world class environment for our users offering the very best technical solutions available
- Grasping new challenges along the way; as part of a small team you will be instrumental in our success
What you need
- Passion for technology, creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong team player but with the ability to work autonomously, solving problems using your own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude to all you do
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, possessing the confidence to deal with users at all levels, including Directors and senior managers
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (operating systems, servers, office)
You may also have
- Up to 12 months experience in an IT Support role, Internship or Apprenticeship
- Microsoft Lync server administration and support experience
- General knowledge of Active Directory (creating user account, resetting password)
- Project support experience (desk moves, roll outs)
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- MetLife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Gaming zone with PlayStation 4
- Fully funded company incentivised holidays and trips
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
- Pet Friendly
Competitive Apprentice Salary
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Performance Related Play
Think all company incentives are the same, think again. Our ‘Performance related Play’ gives the opportunity for the top 30 Champions to be flown to South Africa to enjoy a fun-filled experience at Leobo Private Reserve – a stunning 20,000 acre estate in the beautiful Waterberg mountains. Activities on site include Helicopter paintball, skydiving, climbing, quad bike safaris, the list goes on. For more information visit the Ultimate Playground @ http://ultimateplayground.co.za/
We will provide on-going training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual.
Kemble nr Cirencester, GL7 6BQ, Gloucestershire, UK.