IT Application Analyst Apprentice
If you relish the challenge of working for an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving, then read on…
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing and sometimes ambiguous environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done and help others to do the same.
You will be part of an IT Applications team and will be responsible for acting as a main point of contact for all customers that use Hardware Group’s Business applications whilst managing and resolving incidents within our agreed SLA’s. You will act as an interface for change requests on all business applications, establishing exact requirements and providing business applications support.
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig untill you find it
- You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
A typical day:
- Responsible for checking and resolving all incoming business applications and development helpdesk jobs
- Responsible for carrying out first investigation tasks on all incoming helpdesks and escalating up when required
- Responsible for CRM and Eloqua user administration
- Assisting with changes to new and existing business applications
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Willing to take on responsibilities and further develop skills with new and existing business applications
- Communicating with super users and users on a regular basis about changes to business applications that may affect their day to day work
- Testing Modifications to associated software such as Quick quote
- Report and escalate issues and assist in the management of third party suppliers in business application related systems
- Assist in gaining Oracle Partner Specialisation for Oracle SaaS products
- Assist in delivering customer projects around Oracle SaaS offering.
- Enthusiastic , self-motivated and determined to make a difference
- Essential: experience in Microsoft office applications (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Essential: minimum of Grade C in Maths and English GCSE
- Able to demonstrate a passion for a career in IT
- Confident, articulate, willingness to learn with good attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative or work as part of a team
- As part of your 12 month fixed term contract, you will be expected to complete an IT Applications Specialist Apprenticeship Intermediate Level 2 Diploma in IT User skills or an Advanced Level 3 Diploma in IT User skills.
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- MetLife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Gaming zone with PlayStation 4
- Fully funded company incentivised holidays and trips
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
- Pet Friendly
Competitive Apprenticeship Salary
Performance Related Play
Think all company incentives are the same, think again. Our ‘Performance related Play’ gives the opportunity for the top 30 Champions to be flown to South Africa to enjoy a fun-filled experience at Leobo Private Reserve – a stunning 20,000 acre estate in the beautiful Waterberg mountains. Activities on site include Helicopter paintball, skydiving, climbing, quad bike safaris, the list goes on. For more information visit the Ultimate Playground @ http://ultimateplayground.co.za/
We will provide on-going training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual.
Kemble, GL7 6BQ, Gloucestershire, UK.
40 hours a week